Company administers the Tallinn bus station that serves nearly 3 million passengers per year and operates also the Tartu and Rakvere bus stations.
The history begins on May 23, 1922, when the city administration gave the architect and businessman F. Kangro the permit to open 5 bus lines.
City lines and intercity lines begin from Vene turg (Vene market) which was also known as Täiturg (flea market) and in 1939-1940 Viru square. The buses were lined up in front of what we now know as Viru hotel, right next to the New Market. The traffic organizer who also sold bus tickets worked in a small office at the corner of Pärnu road and Vene market.
In 1949, after demolishing the market hall and moving the market to Tartu road district, intercity bus lines’s departure was moved to a square next to Estonia theater. A year later, suitable place was found for intercity bus lines at the side of the huge Stalin square at the beginning of Tartu road almost where Radisson hotel is today.
In the beginning of 1959, bus station was moved to its current location at the corner of Lastekodu and Odra street. The wooden 1-storied building on Stalin square was taken apart and re-built at the new bus station square right where there is bus line No 17 stop today.
New 2-storied bus station hall was built. According to the plan the new bus station complex was supposed to be ready by Estonian SSR 25th anniversary on July 21, 1965. The plan was more or less fulfilled, although there were several shortages pointed out in the exploitation deed.
From June 25 to December 19, 2012, the Tallinn bus station was reconstructed. During the construction works, both the interior and the exterior of the bus station will be renewed, the existing waiting rooms and cafes for passenger users will be increased, as well as the information counter and self-service machines will be installed in the building.